Sunday, April 9, 2017

Why? Table of Contents

Let's talk about my table of contents. My table of contents takes up two pages, and is split in the middle by an ad (like most fashion magazines). The way I decided to split up my table of contents is by having the first page show the articles that are only featured in this issue, and have the second page include article topics that are seen in every issue. That's why the tittle of the articles in the first page matches the title of the issues more than the second page does. Here's how it turned out:




The topics I included for the "In this Issue" we're the ones that would be relevant for a spring magazine issue.
These were:
-The Underground Fashion Show
-Ways to relax during spring break
-Analysis of Fashion Weeks, which recently occured
-Makeup looks for any occasion
-A summer fitness routine

On the other hand, the topics on the "Montly Features" have a more general tittle because they deal with a lot of different topics dealing with the same theme. The stories I chose are similar to the ones I discussed in my earlier blogposts talking about my casestudies. These type of magazines focus on articles about fashion, beauty, health, global issues, women empowerment, self confidence, travel, and daily life. That's exactly what I wanted to reflect, by having articles deal with:
-Beaches to visit with friends
-Stories behind the Women's March
-Easy hairstyles to make
-How mornings affect the rest of your day
-How to boost self esteem
-Common makeup mistakes

I also included pictures "from the articles" in the table of contents and labeled them with their respective pages. I threw a few additional pictures because many of the magazines I looked at, did the same thing. Those additional pictures are a fashion mall, my friend Joulin modeling by the pool, shoes, and more makeup, all of which can be applied to my magazine genre.

I hope all these ideas easily stand out, because I'm pleased with the way my table of contents came out. Every single picture was photographed by me, and have been taken throughout the entire process of creating this project, since I always had a clear idea about the topics I wanted to discuss in my table of contents.

No comments:

Post a Comment