Saturday, April 1, 2017

The Fashion Show

Why have I never been to a fashion show? This experience was amazing! The entire time I was there, I felt like an A-list celebrity because everything is made to feel like it's a big deal. Here's how my experience went down:

I arrived at 5 o'clock pm to Underground Lauderdale, and was told to wait at the reception until the fashion show started. Everyone around me was very well dressed, so I could immediately tell that this was a very formal, important, event. The first thing I noticed is that everything at the reception was complementary. I got home with so many free gifts! They gave us complementary water bottles (the expensive type of water) , two large bags of chocolate chip popcorn, three $20 Bloomingdales's gift cards, and a $75 Alice and Trixie gift card. Definitely a great bargain.

Throughout the Zoey Reva fashion show, I was able to take some decent pictures and videos of the models, since I was seated in the second row. The outfits were incredibly beautiful, elegant, and girly. They were decorated with lacing, bright colors, and flowery designs. I actually liked the clothing so much, that I went to go check out the small stand at the reception, but quickly changed my mind once I saw the price. Each article of clothing was at least $150, so I'll settle for finding a similar design at Forever 21. Regardless, it was still a fun experience to be able to witness models wearing the clothing down the runaway. This was the show finale:



As I was waiting for the next show to start, guess who I happen to run into? ZOEY REVA HERSELF! I was able to ask her a question about what inspired her collection, which I will quote in my two page spread. This is the video of me interviewing her:



Next came the Alice & Trixie fashion show, which I unfortunately did not get good seats to. However, I was able to take more pictures of the outfits, since I was able to fix my timing from last time. This collection had a combination of both colorful and plain fabrics, and was more mature than the other collection. Personally, I like the other collection better, but the clothing in this show was also gorgeous. This was the final number:




I'm so glad I stuck to my fashion show idea because I feel like it will be a very interesting spread. Now comes part two of the story: finding the dupes.

No comments:

Post a Comment