Sunday, April 2, 2017

Treasure Hunt

Today I was ready to work on the second part of my spread, finding the dupes. I went to Sawgrass Mills Mall with the images of last night on my phone, ready to start searching for clothes. I'll admit I thought the process was going to be hard, but I was wrong. IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE! It was like Harry Potter searching for horocruxes, but without the magic. I went to Burlington Coat Factory, TJ Maxx, Charlotte Russe, Euro Now, and all of them proved to be a failure.

However, my prayers were finally answered when I went to Forever 21. I was able to find some dupes, but they weren't as close to the original as  I wanted them to be. This is what I found:

First I found this white top that is exactly the same as the one from last night, and similar flowy, grey pants. This was probably a good match, except for the difference is skirt shade.




Next I found this white outfit that's kind of similar to one a model wore, but the original photo of the model is bad quality, so I don't think I'll be able to use it.

I couldn't find anymore complete outfits, but on the way back to my car, I was able to find a similar dress to the one at the show.


I have concluded that there were several errors in this whole operation:
-I was looking for too many outfits at the same time, instead of focusing on just one
-Did not have someone actually take a picture with clothes on
-Store was too big, so I did not look in detail
-I was being rushed by my parents

Now here's what I'm going to do in order to fix the problem:
-Pick 3/4 outfits that I want to look for, and focus on those
-Go to the mall with a friend and have her try on the clothes
-Actually take my time

I'm going to try to go to the mall on Tuesday, and I have photoshoots tomorrow and Thursday... I'm ready for a very busy week.




No comments:

Post a Comment