Saturday, April 8, 2017

Front Cover and Ad

The searching is finally complete! I was able to acquire everything I was looking for in order to make my magazine. This is the order that things were addressed:

Tuesday:
My friend Joulin came over to work on my photo shoot for the perfume campaign that I have decided to place in between my table of contents. She came over at 3 o'clock and it took 2 hours to get ready to start taking pictures, so we were able to obtain that crisp afternoon sun for the images. I wanted to have a crazy photo shoot, like Vogue does, so I filled the background with a lot of unusual props to sell the idea that the perfume is "A scent that drives you mad".

  

This is what the final image came to look like:



Thursday:
I asked my friend Paula to be my model for the cover image, so she came over to do the shoot. Once again, it took forever for us to get ready, but it really paid off when we were taking pictures. I took a close up shot of her looking at the camera, with a bunch of trees and bushes in the background. I wanted to have a lot of green in the background because her eyes are blue, so I thought the two colors would compliment each other very well. The close up of a model's face for the front cover is also an element that is very common for women's magazines to have.



Friday:
Instead of physically looking for dupes, I started to search online for clothing similar to the ones I saw at the fashion show, and I have found the best results. They're all from Charlotte Rousse, H&M, and Forever 21, which are brands targeted towards my target audience. Unfortunately, I won't be able to display the clothing side by side as I will do in this post, but I will be able to discuss prices and similarities between the dupes and their originals.



 

 








No comments:

Post a Comment